2013 Highlights...



2013 was a year of many blessing and highlights, I could not come close to counting them or putting them all in a blog, but here is my best shot at a countdown to the things that I am most thankful for and highlights of the year. 
#20…Kayaking on Redfish Lake.
#19…Discovering Black Been/ Quinoa Burgers.
#18…Spending time with Sarah and Elizabeth Young at Family Reunion.
#17…Getting an out of Darkness T-shirt.
#16…Increasing my vertical leap by 4”.
#15…Seeing Niagara from the Canadian Side.
#14…Covenant Academy JV Volleyball Girls Tournament. They placed 3rd.
#13…Meeting new people at that all challenged and encouraged me in my life. Caitlin, Jacob, Naomi, Christa, Carolyn, Rachel!
#12…Playing on a basketball team with some of my favorite people. Rebecca, Maryanna, Mercy, Mariko, and Hannah.
#11…Playing in the Ultimate tournament as a Family.
#10…Camp Counseling as Royal Family Kids Camp. Week long summer camp for Foster Youth.
#9…Speaking at Arts camp in Canada.
#8…Coaching Alicia one on one during the summer! So Proud of You…The End.
#7…Covenant Academy Boys Winning Football Championship with an undefeated season.
#6...Thankful for my brother Lucas…who spoke endless encouragement to me, never shyed away from giving me wisdom and listen to me on many occasions.
#5…Having my sister Mercy working alongside me in JEMfriends ministry and coaching. Thankful for the best friend she has become to me.  
#4…Spending a week with Mercy Hope. This week blessed me with so much wisdom!
#3…Getting a true JEMfriends transition house up and running. Wow this was a lot of work but God faithfully had His hand on every detail
#2…renewing a friendship with Amy Wilson after she has been gone for 2 years in Bible College and Missions Trips. I am so inspired by what God has done in her life.
#1- Highlight of My year 2013…Spending Time with Katy Klein 

God is so faithful when I look back at my year I can see His work in so many ways and areas of my life, does this mean that my year was “easy” in the sense that we do seem to want life to be, no it doesn’t in fact it was probably the hardest year to this point of my life. I am so thankful to the blessings and the challenges that this year has brought, every one of them is shaping me for now and in the future…just as God has used the past years to shape who I am today.
Looking forward to 2014…I know it’s going to be a great ride!

Comments