Monday, April 28, 2014

Dear Family and Friends:
I am so excited to be writing this letter to you, telling you about the missions trip that God has lead me to this summer!
Over the last few years I have had the desire to go on a foot-washing missions trip but with the busyness of coaching and directing JEMfriends the opportunities to go on a trip seemed to get slimmer; however, I still received the emails from Samaritan's Feet about their upcoming trips in hopes that God might open the doors for me.

I can joyfully say that He has opened the door for me to travel to Pure on a Shoes of Hope Relief Missions trip. We will be washing and anointing the feet of children while fitting them with a new pair of shoes.
Here is a flyer for the trip I will be going on: http://www.samaritansfeet.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Peru-June-2014-EMAIL1.pdf
I am most looking forward to the change that God is going to do in my own heart and life through this trip. Having to rely and trust God during a time with things being unknown (even to where your next meal is coming from), communicating with others that might not speak your own language, investing in a team to accomplish the goal of loving these children and being humbled in my own heart to show Christ's love by washing their feet and by the comparison of how great these children's need is to how much I am blessed.
Thank you for reading about my trip and my heart on why I feel blessed to go on this trip. If I had one request it would be that you keep myself and me team in your prayers.
A second request would be that if you feel led that you would sponsor me in this upcoming trip. I have about 4 weeks to raise all the funds I need for the trip. You can sponsor me through this page. https://samaritansfeet.myetap.org/fundraiser/fundraisingpage/individual.do?participationRef=3214.0.587827339

No comments:

Post a Comment